Friday, November 16, 2012

The Busy Day






      Many things are on the horizon. Here are some paintings done for a children’s book written by Aimee Anderson. The book is called The Busy Day and expected to come out some time in the early part of 2013. It was a fun piece to work on and allowed me to experiment with water colors and salt to attain a textured look. I really enjoy the light hearted feel to Busy Day and tried to keep Aimee’s original art as the back bone for these pieces.  One of my favorite things about this book was remaking some scribbles.  It was a nice break to do something haphazard but have it be what you needed.   I was very proud of my ability to scribble.  Busy Day was my sendoff to summer. Thinking about it I feel I took the warm summer nights for granted. Oh well, time to embrace the winter that is swiftly coming.  Ready or not (so not ready).

No comments:

Post a Comment